The Department of Communications has released an information note to assist building owners and managers to make informed decisions when selecting a telecommunications carrier to install equipment to enable the building to connect to the National Broadband Network.
The Department recommends that building owners and managers consider whether:
- the service provider’s proposal will provide building occupants with a choice of providers and competition into the future
- building occupants will be locked into the decision to use the service provider for a fixed period or in perpetuity
- other carriers will be able to install competing cabling in the future
- carriers are correctly advising on their rights to access facilities, particularly in respect to in-building cabling
- the service provider’s proposal is consistent with pre-existing contracts with other providers, and
- the service provider has a clear plan for managing possible interference with existing services
- consider lease and licence agreements
For the full article please click here – NBN Broadband in Strata
For NSW strata legal or levy collection advice please contact us here or call 02 9562 1266, we’re happy to assist.