NCAT’s Power to Pay Compensation in Disputes

Open Blog PDFPrint Blog PDF

In a recent decision that has produced a confusing outcome, the Appeal Panel of NCAT has decided that NCAT does not have power to award damages (but might be able to order payment of compensation) where there are defects in common property that an owners corporation does not repair.

The outcome of this case has added further uncertainty to an already uncertain area of law concerning NCAT’s power to order payment of money in strata disputes.

So, what power does NCAT have to order payment of compensation according to this recent case? Common Property, Strata Disputes, NCAT and Compensation Payments

For NSW strata legal or levy collection advice please contact us here or call 02 9562 1266, we’re happy to assist.


Open Blog PDFPrint Blog PDF