The NSW Government is currently implementing a new regulatory framework for the short-term rental accommodation industry.
1. The framework includes:
- Changes to planning laws
- A mandatory code of conduct
- Introduction of an industry-led register of short-term rental accommodation properties
2. The NSW Government is seeking feedback on the following:
- Draft ‘Code of Conduct for the Short-Term Rental Accommodation Industry’ (the Code) that will apply to hosts, guests, online booking platforms and letting agents
- Draft Fair Trading Amendment (Code of Conduct for Short-Term Rental Accommodation Industry) Regulation 2019 that will support the Code’s implementation
- Proposed introduction of an industry-led short-term rental accommodation property register
- Draft planning instruments, which will allow residential premises to be used for short-term rental accommodation under certain conditions and provide a state-wide definition of short-term rental accommodation
3. Have your say on the short-term rental accommodation reforms.
- For more information visit the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment website.
- Any feedback must be submitted by 11 September 2019, simply click on the button below
For all strata legal and levy recovery advise contact us here or call 02 9562 1266 we would be happy to assist.