The NSW Government is currently implementing a new regulatory framework for the short-term rental accommodation industry.
1. The framework includes:
- Changes to planning laws
- A mandatory code of conduct
- Introduction of an industry-led register of short-term rental accommodation properties
2. The NSW Government is seeking feedback on the following:
- Draft ‘Code of Conduct for the Short-Term Rental Accommodation Industry’ (the Code) that will apply to hosts, guests, online booking platforms and letting agents
- Draft Fair Trading Amendment (Code of Conduct for Short-Term Rental Accommodation Industry) Regulation 2019 that will support the Code’s implementation
- Proposed introduction of an industry-led short-term rental accommodation property register
- Draft planning instruments, which will allow residential premises to be used for short-term rental accommodation under certain conditions and provide a state-wide definition of short-term rental accommodation
3. Have your say on the short-term rental accommodation reforms.
- For more information visit the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment website.
- Any feedback must be submitted by 11 September 2019, simply click on the button below