NSW Land Registry Services has announced changes to the procedure for by-law registrations which will impact strata managers. Here is an overview of the changes:
1. What are the changes to by-law registrations?
- All paper certificates of title will be cancelled
- Strata managers will no longer be able to register by-laws themselves
- All by-law registrations will need to be done through PEXA
2. When will this take effect?
- On the 11th October 2021
3. How can we help you?
- JS Mueller & Co Lawyers is PEXA registered and approved to lodge electronic by-laws
- We were one of the first firms to register by-laws electronically
- We have over 18 months experience completing by-law registrations electronically
- We make the electronic by-law registration process easy!
If you would like assistance registering your by-laws electronically – click here.
For more information about electronic registration of by-laws visit ORG.
For all NSW strata legal advice including by-laws, building defects and levy collections contact us here or call 02 9562 1266, we’re happy to assist.