The NSW Building Commissioner, David Chandler, is asking for people to come forward with legitimate complaints about building defects – inclusive of waterproofing and structural issues.
His aim is to clean up the building and construction industry getting rid of dodgy builders. The more people that file legitimate building defect complaints the quicker this will be addressed.
Common Apartment Building Defects
- Internal Water Leaks
- Cracking to Internal Structures
- Cracking to External structures
- Water Penetration from Outside
- Guttering Faults
- Tiling Problems
- Defective Plumbing
- Inappropriately Installed Materials
- Combustible Cladding
To lodge your building defect complaint please click here Building Commissioner
Take Your Building Defect Stress Away
Our strata lawyers have extensive experience resolving strata building defect disputes relating to work within strata and community schemes.
We firmly believe that timely and effective advice takes the stress out of strata building defect claims and will achieve the best possible result for you.
If you need assistance with any of the following please contact us now.
- Submitting Building Defect Complaints and/or Claims
- Resolving and Managing Building Defect Complaints and/or Claims
- Security of Payment Claims
- Building and Construction Litigation
- Advice on Statutory Warranty Periods
- Home Building Compensation Fund Insurance Claims
- 10-year Retrospective Building Defects Law Advice
- Assistance with Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Expert Determination
- Drafting Building and Remedial Works Contracts
- Building Bond Advice
- Cladding Defect Advice
- Home Building Act 1989 Advice
For all NSW strata legal, by-laws, building defect and levy recovery advice please contact us here or call 02 9562 1266, we’re happy to assist.