The Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) has announced the following in relation to the recent launch of the National Construction Code (NCC) 2022:
- As of 1 May 2023, NCC 2022 will be adopted with a transition period until 1 October 2023
- The transition period is for the modern homes provisions for energy efficiency, condensation mitigation and liveable (accessible) housing
- While the transition dates from 1 May to 1 October 2023 are in place NCC 2019 will remain in force
- Following 1 October 2023, NCC 2022 is to be adopted
How Different is NCC 2022?
- Consistency improvements have been implemented across all volumes with a new structure and number convention
- It is more web accessible with a significantly improved user experience and reorganised code’s
- As part of the transition old clause numbers will be listed to the right of documents
- You will be able to save a PDF version directly to your device or purchase a printed copy of NCC 2022
- You will no longer need to sign in to NCC Online but you will need to register to ensure you stay up to date with notifications
For more information the National Building Code 2022 is available here NCC 2022
For all strata law advice including by-laws, building defects and levy collections contact our specialist NSW and Sydney strata lawyers here or call 02 9562 1266, we’re happy to assist.