How to Establish a Major Building Defect

On 15 January 2015, the Home Building Amendment Act 2014 changed the terminology and definitions for building defects from structural to “major” and from minor to “in any other case” i.e. non-major.

So, what is the new definition of a major building defect?

In these two recent NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) Appeal Panel decisions they have considered the definition of major defect and how to establish whether a defect meets this definition, providing some useful guidance on this topic How to Establish a Major Building Defect.

For NSW strata legal or levy collection advice please contact us here or call 02 9562 1266, we’re happy to assist.